In recent times I’ve been reading about and paying more attention To mindfulness. We are alsomso busy with everything, life gets so stressful and it’s becomes really easy to forget oneself. I have Decided to style these L’aviye pieces from their new collection to suit this season…and the share some ways to practice mindfulness as I gathered from thetruthpractice. Shop ankara pieces here…links to other bit at the bottom of the post.
1. Stay in the present moment. Observe your current situation, and engage with it in a way that is the best for my wellbeing. Staying in the present moment gives us so much freedom, so much space to be who we really are.
2. Don’t analyze the situation. Sometimes you should just let things play out and expect it a ‘bad incident’ happened for a reason and expect the best.
3. Accept that there is only so much that can be done. You can’t control everything!!!
4. Trust in something bigger than yourself. This is the reason why most people believe in religion, unfortunately some take it too far and get lazy expecting miracles. Trusting in something bigger than you lets you focus on your tasks. You don’t have to worry about the how. You don’t have to get overwhelmed by the details. You know you’ll be taken care of. You know the work will be worth it. You know the present moment is worth more than just the experience of having it.
5. Find beauty in every moment. Even the horrible ones.
6. Stop labeling everything. You don’t have to decide what something means in this moment. You don’t have to say whether something is good or bad if you don’t want to.
7. Take action if necessary, and then move on. No grudges. Leave no room for regrets.
8. Surrender to what is. In one of my favorite interviews, Oprah speaks to author and coach Iyanla Vanzant. They’re discussing the meaning of surrender. Iyanla says that the interesting thing about surrender is that people think it looks like you’re giving up and caving in, but in reality surrender looks like opening up your arms ready to catch what’s yours.
9. Embrace being surprised. Go into each situation, each experience with as few preconceived notions as possible. When we think we know everything about how something will turn out, we cloud our experience with a readymade attitude.
Shop bits below
Leather jacket – shop here
Leather Mini Skirt – shop here
Midi Skirt – shop here
Sock Boots – shop here
Black Turtle Neck – shop here
Black Lace Boots – shop here
White Sunglasses – shop here