To recap, here are the six key influencer marketing trends Whalar uncovered:
1. The Rise of Influencer Advocacy – as consumers look for solutions to social issues, they’re increasingly turning to social influencers to understand issues, connect with organizers and donate IRL.
photo via instagram.
2. A Return to Craftwork – the democratization of creativity has bred a whole generation of self-taught artisans who learned their craft through tutorials on YouTube and Instagram, and now use these platforms to share their art and process with audiences around the world.
3. Level Playing Field – with the Women’s World Cup and US Women’s National Team victory came a watershed moment for celebrating women’s sports and athletes online.
4. Digital Romanticism – a return to a classic, romantic visual aesthetic as an antidote to the deluge of perfectly staged, modern design compositions that dominate today. More old style Russian landscapes, less Museum of Ice Cream.
5. Y2K 2.0 – as digital natives mature, they’re nostalgic for more analog experiences and aesthetics, creating a growing penchant for online vintage and tech with personality.
6. Fantasy Face – as beauty continues to dominate online, creators are celebrating bold and unapologetic creative approaches to beauty and identity online.